- 2020-01-20 to 2020-01-23 On 20-23 January, the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas participates in political consultations in Beijing, China
- 2020-01-22 On 22 January, the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends the Government meeting and sitting
- 2020-01-22 On 22 January, the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a meeting of the Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2020-01-23 On 23 January, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius attends a meeting on the single market that is held in Brussels and organised by Finland
- 2020-01-23 On 23 January, the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends the Government sitting
Lithuania accedes to Additional Protocol to Convention on Transfer of Sentenced Persons
On 14 October, the Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Lithuania to the Council of Europe Laima Jurevičienė presented the ratifications of the Protocol amending the Additional Protocol to the Convention on the Transfer of Sentenced Persons (Strasbourg, 22.XI.2017) to the Deputy Secretary General of the Council of Europe Gabriella Battaini-Dragoni.
The Protocol aims to further the social rehabilitation of sentenced foreign nationals by allowing the sentence to be served in the country of origin.
Lithuania also envisages provisional application of the Protocol prior to its entry into force.