- 2018-10-15 On 15 October, the Minister Linas Linkevičius and the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė are participating in the EU Foreign Affairs Council in Luxembourg
- 2018-10-15 On 15 October, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius is taking part in the General Affairs Council and the General Affairs (Art.50) Council in Luxembourg
- 2018-10-15 On 15 October at 3.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the Eastern Partnership Ministerial Meeting in Luxembourg
- 2018-10-15 On 15 October, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in political consultations and bilateral meetings in Astana and Karaganda, Kazakhstan
- 2018-10-16 On 16 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with the Vice-President of the European Commission Maroš Šefčovič in Brussels
Linas Linkevičius congratulates the State of Qatar on its National Day
On 18 December Lithuanian Minister of Foreign Affairs Linas Linkevičius extended congratulations to Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman bin Jassim Al-Thani, Foreign Minister of the State of Qatar, on Qatar’s National Day.
In his letter Linas Linkevičius expressed his will to foster mutually beneficial cooperation between Lithuania and Qatar.
Qatar celebrates its National Day to commemorate succession to the throne of Sheikh Jassim bin Mohammed bin Thani on 18 December 1878. Prior to 2007, Qatar’s National Day was on 3rd September to mark Qatar’s independence of 1971.
Diplomatic ties between Lithuania and Qatar were established on 25 November 1992.