- 2019-12-09 On 9 December at 8:30 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius has a working breakfast with the Foreign Minister of North Macedonia and the Acting Foreign Minister of Albania in Brussels
- 2019-12-09 On 9 December at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the Foreign Affairs Council in Brussels
- 2019-12-09 On 9 December at 2:30 p.m., the Vice-Minister Dalius Čekuolis meets with the Portuguese Ambassador
- 2019-12-09 On 9 December at 3:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the discussion " From Renewing Sakharov‘s Hearings To Reviving The Helsinki Spirit Across Europe" at the Permanent Representation of Lithuania to the EU in Brussels
- 2019-12-09 On 9 December at 3:30 p.m., the Vice-Minister Dalius Čekuolis meets with the Ukrainian Ambassador
Foreign Vice-Minister D. Skusevičius meets with Ukraine's delegation of Verkhovna Rada
On 22 October in Vilnius, the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Darius Skusevičius met with a delegation of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. The meeting with members of the National Energy and Utilities Regulatory Commission focused on the reform of the energy sector of Ukraine, the strengthening of economic cooperation between Lithuania and Ukraine, as well as preparations for the 4th Ukraine Reform Conference to be held next year in Vilnius.
Members of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine took interest in Lithuania's experience in implementing energy sector reforms, energy efficiency projects, the use of renewable energy sources, as well as activities of free economic zones.
The Foreign Vice-Minister D. Skusevičius highlighted Lithuania's support for Ukraine's reform process. He also called for strengthening interparliamentary cooperation between Lithuania and Ukraine, and for making use of the experience gained by Lithuanian experts in the field of implementing systemic reforms.
Representatives of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine are visiting Lithuania on 21-24 October as part of the program run by the International Republican Institute with an aim to strengthen interparliamentary relations and to transfer Lithuania's experience of democratic reforms and European and Euro-Atlantic integration. During the visit, the Ukrainian parliamentarians will also hold meetings with members of the Seimas (Parliament), representatives of the Ministry of Energy, other institutions and bodies.